All About Light
Winter is a great time to learn all about light. It presents special challenges that, once mastered, will serve you well through all the other seasons. Finding the right light and then getting the right exposure are two of the most important ingredients of successful photography. Dennis will show you how to use natural light and your camera's settings to create images that will make you proud. This workshop establishes some of the technical fundamentals that you need to move to the next level.
You will learn:
- Why light is such an important part of your composition.
- About the characteristics of light and how to use them for various effects.
- How your camera interprets light.
- How to use aperture, shutter speed and ISO create custom exposure.
- How your eye and your camera "see" differently.
- Techniques and ideas for winter photography.
- How to lighten or darken a photo.
- How to use the histogram to make the best exposure.
- Why and when to turn off Automatic mode and use Aperture Priority or Shutter Priority.
- About your camera's focusing modes.
- About depth-of-field and how to control it.
- How to use a variety of lighting conditions to bring drama to your photographs.